Want to jump on board the hottest ticket in town?
We'd like to hear from you! Check out our current employment opportunities.
■ Employment & Volunteering Opportunities
Jack the Jumper Mascot Performers
Are you energetic, outgoing, and athletic? The Tasmania JackJumpers are looking to fill the biggest shoes in our state – those of our cheeky mascot Jack the Jumper!
Jack the Jumper will be fierce in spirit but friendly to all he meets! He will entertain and excite fans of all ages throughout the year, whilst making a name for himself and for our club.
- Bring to life the ultimate symbol of the Tasmania JackJumpers
- Be in excellent physical shape
- Gymnastics, acrobatics, tumbling and/or dance experience highly desirable
- Interact well with children, including the ability to obtain the required “Working with Vulnerable People” check (will be reimbursed for this cost)
- Perform as Jack the Jumper at a wide range of club events, community events and other appearances throughout Tasmania and eventually on game days in NBL season 21/22.
- Create, rehearse and execute skits, tricks, dance routines and other forms of mascot-related entertainment
- High energy to engage JackJumpers fans and encourage crowd interaction
- Reliability and a strong work ethic
- Have own means of transportation to and from events within your region of the state
- Ability to travel around Tasmania, outside your own region is preferred, but not required (we may recruit Jack the Jumpers in each region of Tasmania)
- Previous mascot experience is preferred, but not required
- Most importantly, love to have fun!
Must be available to work a varied schedule of hours and days that includes days, nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. Due to costume restrictions applicants must be between 5’5” and 5’10”.
Send your application letter, outlining why you’re perfect for this role, to email@example.com. Or better yet, send us a video showing us your skills and personality! (Please keep this to one minute or less.)
Volunteer Team Members!
Want to be involved in helping build the Tasmania JackJumpers into an NBL Powerhouse right from the start?
We're going to have plenty of opportunities to get involved, so click below to leave your details, and we'll be in touch!